Youth Employment Specialist
Delivers an effective community program for placement in business and industry of individuals with disabilities served by Valley Packaging Industries, Inc. The position focuses on services to students (age 14 to 21) served by the Neenah Joint School District. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in vocational rehabilitation or related field or equivalent
- Experience in job placement of individuals with disabilities preferred
- Demonstrated common sense, judgment and communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A YOUTH EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST :
- Conducts orientation and plans development activities for individuals
- Assures the provision of services in accordance with the agency’s various contracts, operating agreements, and policies/procedures
- Prepares comprehensive and timely reports and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Provides job counseling and job seeking skills training. Acts as a resource to the other staff in determining participant job readiness
- Develops supported and non-supported, job and volunteer opportunities in the community for current and potential participants of the agency
- Coordinates potential and placements with Neenah Joint School District staff, Valley Packaging staff, various community resources, and other individuals to facilitate a smooth transition of the participant into community employment
- Provides follow-up contacts, as well as consultation and support to employers, to help ensure the success of the participant’s placement
- Conducts an ongoing program of public education to improve employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities
- Professionally communicates with assigned case managers, job coaches, and inter-agency professional staff to facilitate mutual program planning and support for program participants
- Networks with other Employment Specialists at Valley Packaging Industries, Inc
- Develops and updates professional skills through various training
Base pay starting at $17.00 / Full time with benefits
Valley Packaging Industries (VPI) is a community rehabilitation center that provides a variety of human services and vocational skills training to Fox Valley residents and manufacturing-related business services to private industry. Valley Packaging is the result of a partnership created more than 60 years ago with parents of people with disabilities, local manufacturers, and human service providers. By consistently meeting clients’ and customers’ needs, Valley Packaging has grown into the successful service organization it is today with: over 800,000 sq. ft. of customizable production space, large isolated packaging areas, capacity available for growth, high-speed equipment, and a uniquely blended workforce that integrates hundreds of individuals with disabilities with technically trained production workers.