Developing standards, training to those standards, and monitoring that quality standards are being met on a daily basis. Work for both inbound and outbound drivers to provide appropriate documentation from a shipment or a delivery. As the leader on nights, this person will be responsible for ensuring order pickers remain on task as well as ensuring production is adequately supported. This person will act as a backup supervisor for production when needed. Performs other duties as required.
- Previous experience in warehousing, inventory control, and shipping and receiving required. Quality Control experience a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of WM /BPCS/NAV & RF guns is preferred.
- Demonstrated common sense, judgment, and communication skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR:
- Trains and leads the department employees on SAFETY and efficient work techniques.
- Maintains records of all forklift safety checks and safety training sessions.
- Directs the operations of the warehouse management team to achieve prescribed objectives through sound communication and motivational techniques to create programs to supervise, counsel, and discipline team members with the help of Human Resources.
- Assure that customer accounts receive the required level of operations and administrative support. Maintain appropriate contact with all accounts and respond to requests in a timely manner when required.
- Responsible for execution of processes in place to insure timely, accurate data entry of information regarding shipments, receipts and transfers by working with department personnel so that the information available to users on various software platforms is accurate.
- Responsible for the review and compliance of the team’s adherence of current Policies and Procedures as well as identifying and reviewing processes with an objective of continuous improvement. Keep informed of relevant new technology and equipment to make recommendations to top management as applicable.
- Coordinates daily and preventative maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Works with Logistics Manager by reviewing warehouse layout as business changes, to insure proper usage of space.
- Strong analytical skills to allow the timely reviewing of key measures such as space and daily personnel coverage. Gathers input from fellow department heads.
- Identifies, develops, and reviews aptitude of personnel who may aspire to move up within the organization. This person should be comfortable being a mentor to all warehouse personnel.
- Assists the Logistics Manager in the hiring process of new personnel.
- Works with the Shipping Supervisor to develop effective quality control processes based on the understanding of customer needs and requirements.
- Work performed is generally within the medium range as defined by the United States Department of Labor.