A Warehouse Counter’s primary objective is cycle counting, tracking, monitoring, and reporting of warehouse inventory. Strong emphasis on accurately monitoring and confirming inventory with timely correction of discrepancies. Assisting with warehouse duties when necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of related experience in shipping/receiving and prior inventory control functions
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Proven analytical problem solving and time management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products
- Strong mathematical, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with strong attention to detail
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A WAREHOUSE COUNTER AT VPI:
- Performs daily cycle counting of various materials and goods to determine quantity on hand
- Performs daily bay audits
- Uses VPI’s and customer’s Warehouse Management System (WMS) to track and report inventory accuracy to ensure proper product identification, (SKU), Customer Order details, LOT numbers, location, and quantities while correcting the appropriate location of misplaced inventory if/when found
- Reports all discrepancies or damaged products to Warehouse Manager and Inventory Control Analyst
- Collaborates with Inventory Control Analyst to process adjustments and resolve discrepancies promptly
- Assists Inventory Control Analyst with processing the returned product from the production area as needed
- Adheres to all company policies and safety procedures and guidelines
$100.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
Base pay starting at $13.50/hour
Work performed is generally within the sedentary light as defined by the United States Department of Labor.
Valley Packaging Industries (VPI) is a community rehabilitation center that provides a variety of human services and vocational skills training to Fox Valley residents and manufacturing-related business services to private industry. Valley Packaging is the result of a partnership created more than 60 years ago with parents of people with disabilities, local manufacturers, and human service providers. By consistently meeting clients’ and customers’ needs, Valley Packaging has grown into the successful service organization it is today with: over 800,000 sq. ft. of customizable production space, large isolated packaging areas, capacity available for growth, high-speed equipment, and a uniquely blended workforce that integrates hundreds of individuals with disabilities with technically trained production workers.