Located in Manawa at Sturm Foods, the production worker performs simple one or two-step packaging or assembly jobs. Although there is minimal demand for independent judgment or quality inspection, it does require the correct number of pieces or correct orientation within gross tolerances. Performs other duties as required.
- Ability to stand an entire 8 hour shift, along with bending, twisting, and lifting product
- Must be reliable and demonstrate positive work habits and attitude
- Demonstrated common sense, judgement, and communication skills
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS PRODUCTION WOKER:
- Counting and inserting product on a conveyor belt or into master carton/tray
- Removing production from a master carton and placing on a conveyor
- Applying labels and/or taping master cartons
- Inspecting production for quality
- Stacking master pallets onto a pallet
Work performed is generally within the medium range as defined by the United States Department of Labor.
Base pay starting at $10/hr. 1st shift hours (M-F). Benefits offered.
Valley Packaging Industries (VPI) is a community rehabilitation center that provides a variety of human services and vocational skills training to Fox Valley residents and manufacturing-related business services to private industry. Valley Packaging is the result of a partnership created more than 60 years ago with parents of people with disabilities, local manufacturers, and human service providers. By consistently meeting clients’ and customers’ needs, Valley Packaging has grown into the successful service organization it is today with: over 800,000 sq. ft. of customizable production space, large isolated packaging areas, capacity available for growth, high-speed equipment, and a uniquely blended workforce that integrates hundreds of individuals with disabilities with technically trained production workers.
ABOUT STURM FOODS AND VPI’S STURM PROGRAM
Sturm Foods, a Treehouse Foods company, is located in Manawa, WI. It is a manufacturer of private label products for both retail and food service industries. Valley Packaging Industries, Inc. has program participants ranging in age from 21 to 66 years old working as contracted employees at Sturm. The program participants are assigned to different work tasks and work alongside VPI staff, VPI production employees, and occasionally, Sturm employees. They are offered a wide variety of work tasks, including packing, operating, boxing and palletizing. Rehab staff provide each program participant training and support on the different work tasks. They are encouraged to try new jobs to develop the work skills required to achieve independence in a community job setting.