Under direct supervision operates industrial forklift or clamp to move materials in the warehouse, load and unload truck trailers or shipping containers. This position varies in nature, including pulling full pallets, stacking cases onto a pallet to fill specific order sets. Receiving the order set, driving tow motors, picking orders, stacking cases, wrapping pallets, and labeling the pallets correctly to be shipped. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Operates the forklift or clamp to load, unload, transport, or stack incoming and outgoing material.
- Inspects product load for accuracy and transfers it safely around the warehouse or facility to ensure prompt and accurate delivery; accurately recording the location of inventory.
- Manually or mechanically loads or unloads materials from or to pallets, skids, platforms, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
- Picks orders as directed, ensuring proper completion, recording, and packaging of orders.
- Positions lifting equipment under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, bales or boxes and secures material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Performs routine pre-inspections to ensure safe working nature of forklift or clamp equipment, and performs regular maintenance on vehicles, such as cleaning, lubricating, recharging batteries, fueling, or replacing the liquefied-gas tank.
- Immediately reports any damage to racks or other products, faulty equipment, or any other safety hazards to Supervisor.
- Maintains forklift certification as required.
- Safety conscious; following all outlined company safety rules for product movement.
- Sweeps floors, picks up pieces of wood and plastic, empties garbage, and maintains good housekeeping at all times.
Work performed is generally within the medium range as defined by the United States Department of Labor.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Certification in operating forklifts is a plus; and ability to be certified internally required.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Good mathematical skills, ability to read labels and numbers, and troubleshooting skills.
- Exhibits the ability to identify the various recyclable materials and identify contamination.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and adjusting shifts as required.
- Good communication skills and ability to speak clearly using a hand held walkie-talkie.
- Must be reliable and demonstrate positive work habits and attitudes.