110 N. Kensington Drive, Appleton
2730 N Roemer Road, Appleton
First shift: Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.(Kensington Drive and Roemer Road)
Second shift: Monday-Friday 4:15 p.m. to 12:45 a.m. (Kensington Drive)
Under direct supervision operates industrial forklift or clamp to move materials in the warehouse, load and unload truck trailers or shipping containers. Supplies the production floor with raw materials accurately and efficiently. Removes all finished products from the production floor and returns it to its proper location. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Certification in operating forklifts is a plus; and ability to be certified internally required.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Good mathematical skills and ability to read labels and numbers.
- Exhibits the ability to identify the various recyclable materials and identify contamination.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and adjusting shifts as required.
- Good communication skills and ability to speak clearly using a hand held walkie-talkie.
- Must be reliable and demonstrate positive work habits and attitudes.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A MATERIAL HANDLER AT VPI:
- Operates forklift or clamp to load, unload, transport, or stack incoming and outgoing material.
- Inspects product load for accuracy and transfers it safely around the warehouse or facility to ensure prompt and accurate delivery; accurately recording the location of inventory.
- Manually or mechanically loads, or unloads materials from or to pallets, skids, platforms, lifting devices or other transport vehicles.
- Documents product shipment by accurately recording units shipped.
- Positions lifting equipment under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, bales or boxes and secures material or products for transport to designated areas.
- Performs routine pre-inspections to ensure safe working nature of forklift or clamp equipment, and performs regular maintenance on vehicles, such as cleaning, lubricating, recharging batteries, fueling, or replacing the liquefied-gas tank.
- Immediately reports any damage to racks or other products, faulty equipment, or any other safety hazards to Supervisor.
- Maintains forklift certification as required.
- Safety conscious; following all outlined company safety rules for product movement.
- Sweeps floors, picks up pieces of wood and plastic, empties garbage, and maintains good housekeeping at all times.
Base pay starting at $13/hour
$100.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
Work performed is generally within the sedentary light as defined by the United States Department of Labor.
Valley Packaging Industries (VPI) is a community rehabilitation center that provides a variety of human services and vocational skills training to Fox Valley residents and manufacturing-related business services to private industry. Valley Packaging is the result of a partnership created more than 60 years ago with parents of people with disabilities, local manufacturers, and human service providers. By consistently meeting clients’ and customers’ needs, Valley Packaging has grown into the successful service organization it is today with: over 800,000 sq. ft. of customizable production space, large isolated packaging areas, capacity available for growth, high-speed equipment, and a uniquely blended workforce that integrates hundreds of individuals with disabilities with technically trained production workers.