Ensures the upkeep of an assigned Valley Packaging Industries’ facility and grounds by performing housekeeping duties. Performs light maintenance as assigned. Performs other duties as required.
- Performs general cleaning of all areas of the building as directed; to include the offices, lunchrooms, restrooms, conference rooms, and production areas.
- Inventories and orders janitorial supplies as needed.
- Operates all general and most special cleaning equipment and performs minor repairs.
- Trains other team members in light janitorial duties.
- Performs any/all other duties relative to the position as required.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A JANITOR:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year janitorial experience is also preferred.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand the safe use of cleaning chemicals and equipment, as required by law.
- Demonstrated common sense, judgment, communication skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
$100.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
Base pay starting at $9-11/hour
Work performed is generally within the medium range as defined by the United States Department of Labor.
Valley Packaging Industries (VPI) is a community rehabilitation center that provides a variety of human services and vocational skills training to Fox Valley residents and manufacturing-related business services to private industry. Valley Packaging is the result of a partnership created more than 60 years ago with parents of people with disabilities, local manufacturers, and human service providers. By consistently meeting clients’ and customers’ needs, Valley Packaging has grown into the successful service organization it is today with: over 800,000 sq. ft. of customizable production space, large isolated packaging areas, capacity available for growth, high-speed equipment, and a uniquely blended workforce that integrates hundreds of individuals with disabilities with technically trained production workers.