The Custodian ensures the upkeep of an assigned Valley Packaging Industries’ facility and grounds by performing housekeeping duties. Performs light maintenance as assigned. Performs other duties as required.
- Performs general cleaning of all areas of the building as directed; to include the offices, lunchrooms, restrooms, conference rooms, and production areas.
- Inventories and orders janitorial supplies as needed.
- Operates all general and most special cleaning equipment and performs minor repairs.
- Trains other team members in light janitorial duties.
- Performs any/all other duties relative to the position as required.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A CUSTODIAN AT VALLEY PACKAGING:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year janitorial experience is also preferred.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand the safe use of cleaning chemicals and equipment, as required by law.
- Demonstrated common sense, judgment, communication skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Base pay starting at $11-12/hour with full benefit package offered
Work performed is generally within the medium range as defined by the United States Department of Labor.