October 2, 2020
In the midst of our busy production season, I wanted to assure you VPI’s employees, clients, and customers’ safety and well-being remains our top priority. Keeping our team as healthy and safe as possible drives our decision-making related to staffing and client services. VPI will continue to take actions in alignment with the CDC’s and Wisconsin Department of Health’s recommendations to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread.
Thank you for your commitment and dedication to these actions by consistently washing your hands, sanitizing work areas, social distancing, wearing your masks at all times within VPI facilities. Thank you also for staying home if you are feeling ill and/or when you have been in close contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Even with these measures, we understand the COVID-19 cases in our local area are on the rise.
We realize our valued employees, clients, and customers are facing new and unexpected challenges. The pandemic continues to affect our children’s schools, our family members’ workplaces, and many homes.
As a result, we anticipate employee absences will continue to occur, as people need to quarantine themselves if they have been notified of a close-contact exposure to a positive COVID-19 case, or if they have experienced the virus themselves. In the last week, VPI has had to navigate these very challenges with some employees.
I am reaching out to you personally to notify you of this situation and advise you of three critical initiatives VPI will take as this occurs.
- Through the local Health Department or through VPI, you will be notified if you have been identified as being in close-contact (within 6 feet for 15 or more total minutes) of an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19. When this occurs, VPI will require you to adhere to the CDC’s and local Health Department quarantine recommendations due to the possible exposure, and advise appropriate steps to take next.
- There is no requirement for employees to quarantine or isolate at this time unless they have received specific communication from the Department of Health, their health care provider, or a VPI leader.
- Any impacted employee will not be allowed to return to work until required isolation guidelines have been met. We will continue to stay in close contact with our local Health Departments and will take necessary steps to protect the health of VPI employees and clients.
- The level of VPI facility and workspace exposure to COVID-19 will be assessed upon receiving notice of an employee’s positive test result. Deep cleaning and disinfecting of any impacted area will immediately occur to ensure the safety and health of all employees.
- With respect to employee and client health status privacy, VPI will adhere to confidentiality of individual circumstances. An employee may be absent for several reasons that do not necessarily indicate COVID-19. VPI will notify callers and schedulers of an employee’s absence without discussing reason for absence. Thank you all for sharing in this respect for privacy.
Thank you for monitoring your own health each day and refraining from coming to work if you exhibit any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. We will continue to monitor any potential exposure and provide updates as we learn more. Contact me directly with any questions you may have. Thank you for your teamwork and support.
President & CEO